Movie Day

Sunday, March 28, 2010
St. Peter's Square in the early morning.Image via Wikipedia
I was a little under the weather the last few days so I kicked back in my recliner and watched movies on Netflix. One of the movies I watched was Angels and Demons, the Dan Brown thriller about the Illumunati.

I remember when the movie first came out that Bill Donohue and the Catholic League denounced the movie. While, the movie certainly purported to show some of the Catholic hierarchy's hypocrisy and may well be true, I am certainly not one to know it's truth. However bizarre Catholic doctrine, the truth is always stranger than fiction.

For the last decade or so we have seen more and more reports of pedophilia in the Catholic church. In the last few weeks the reports and the cover-ups have been reported in several countries. Now we see the reports of pedophilia and the secrecy around it reach all the way to the Pope. (Be sure to check out the links below.)

I wish there was something that could be done to reign in the Catholic church and its harmful effect on society. For starters, I think we need to investigate the church much more deeply than we have and remove the shield of secrecy surrounding them. Additionally, I think the Pope should be considered persona non gratis in the U.S. and any country where there have been cases of Catholic pedophilia.

It's a shame that after watching a good movie my mind went down this road.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]